The pairing of food and wine is nothing new–it’s been going on for centuries. Pairing wine and burgers, however, is a fairly recent (but no less tasty) trend. Beaujolais, the light-bodied red wine crafted from the Gamay grape, is one of the most celebrated wines in the world as is the widely popular Beaujolais nouveau whose annual release is anxiously awaited every November. Georges Duboeuf is the founder of Les Vins Georges Duboeuf, one of the largest and most renown wine merchants in France. His company is known especially for its popularization and production of Beaujolais wines as evidenced by Duboeuf’s nickname: le roi du Beaujolais (the king of Beaujolais).
On Monday, September 17th, at The Walnut Room in Philadelphia, food enthusiasts and oenophiles alike will have a chance to participate in an event that brings together gourmet burgers and some of the world’s finest wine at Georges Duboeuf’s Beaujolais and Burgers: A Night of the Perfect Pairing with food from 500° Burgers of Rittenhouse Square. The event will include:
- An evening hosted by award-winning wine expert and author Mark Oldman
- Hand-crafted gourmet burgers
- Duboeuf Beaujolais wine pairings
- Party favors and chances to win prizes for you and your perfect pairing
- Five (5) lucky readers will each get a pair of tickets to the event
HOW DO I WIN?
To be entered in the giveaway, you must do the following:
- Leave a comment here on this post telling me why you’d like to attend
- Follow @PalatePrincess on Twitter
- Follow The Palate Princess on Facebook
It’s that simple! Good luck! (Winners will be chosen randomly by a third-party generator.)
Visit Georges Duboeuf on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/GeorgesDuboeuf.